Now in its 4th year, the Social Value Summit is the leading event in its field, attracting over 300 leaders from across the private, public and social sectors. It is organised by Social Enterprise UK & Interserve, supported by Business in the Community.
This year, the event will have three main themes:
- Social value as a route to a more inclusive economy
- The social value of infrastructure
- Social value for business: productivity, markets and supply chains
For attendees, the Summit will deliver:
- Leading expertise in the field of social value measurement & reporting
- Up-to—the minute information and intelligence on good practice
- Practical advice and take-aways on what to do in your organisation
- Dialogue and debate on key issues from high quality speakers
- Leaders from across sectors in attendance
- Excellent networking
An outline agenda with workshop themes is below.
Already confirmed speakers include:
- Mike Barry, Director of Sustainable Business (Plan A) at Marks and Spencer
- Veronica Daly, Director Parliamentary Procurement and Commercial Service
- Rob Wilson MP, Minister for Civil Society
- Amanda Mackenzie, Business in the Community
- Lesley Dixon, PSS
- June O’Sullivan, LEYF
- Rob Wolfe, Construction & Housing Yorkshire
- Peter Holbrook, Social Enterprise UK
- Guy Battle, Social Value Portal
- Mark Bolger, Social Profit Calculator
- Vidhya Alakeson, Power to Change
- Anna Whitty, MBE, ECT Group
- Chris Catterall, Public Services Lab
as well as senior representatives from Interserve, Business in the Community & government
9.30am: registration, coffee, networking
10am Opening plenary: Social value – building an inclusive economy
11am – 11.30am: Coffee, exhibitors, networking
11.30am-12.30pm: Workshops / masterclasses round 1 x 5
1) Social value in infrastructure – part 1: built environment
2) Crunching the numbers – the financialisation of social value
3) Cross-sector working – building the capacity to deliver
4) Outcomes masterclass – a deep dive workshop into picking outcome measures that are strategic, smart and sensible
5) Social Value 101 – an introduction & context for those newer to social value
12:30pm-1.30pm: LUNCH / EXHIBITORS / NETWORKING
1.30pm-2.30pm: Workshops / masterclasses round 2 x 5
1) Social value in infrastructure – part 2: people & services
2) Social value in its place – social value in a post-Brexit era of devolved powers
3) Return to tender: leading procurement practice
4) Outcomes masterclass (repeat)
5) Possibilities: the (legal) can-dos of commissioning
2:30pm – 3pm – coffee, networking, exhibitors
3-4:15: Final plenary
For more information visit – http://svsummit.interserve.com
Sponsoring and exhibiting opportunities are available, please contact Charlotte De Ruyver (firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3589 4957) to discuss your requirements.
Social Value Summit 2016
Presentations from last years Summit can be found here.
The 2016 event also featured the inaugural Social Value Awards, in partnership with the Cabinet Office. These celebrated the organisations and individuals driving forward the social value agenda – making the vision set out in the Act a reality. You can apply for the 2017 Social Value Awards here.
All the pictures are available to view online.
- 8th February to 8th February 2017. Starting at 9am and ending at 4pm.
- Savoy Place, London, United Kingdom.