Salford Social Value Alliance
The vision of the Salford Social Value Alliance is that Salford will be a Social Value City. We will work towards a cultural shift in Salford where an integral part of how we do business is consideration of: happiness; well-being; health; inclusion; empowerment; growth; and environment.
Our mission is to look for relevant social, environmental and economic value from everything that we do, in our business, in service delivery, commissioning and procurement; and we aim to use the purchasing power of the ‘Salford pound’ to obtain the greatest benefit for local citizens.
The Salford Social Value Alliance’s aim is to create a social movement that encourages Salford citizens and organisations to connect with, reconnect with, or value their pre-existing drive to make a difference.
The Alliance uses its collective membership and associated networks to encourage and aid behaviours and practices in keeping with Social Value.
We will be guided by the following 6 principles to ensure that we secure the Social Value priority outcomes for the City of Salford;
- optimising the social, environmental and economic well-being of Salford and its people in everything that we do
- thinking long-term – turning investment into long-lasting outcomes
- working together across sectors to provide Social Value outcomes
- having values including inclusion, openness, honesty, social responsibility and caring for others
- having a clear and current understanding of how Social Value can make Salford a better place
- working together to measure, evaluate and understand Social Value, as well as reporting publicly to the people of Salford about the Social Value that we create