Salford Royal Foundation Trust pledge to tackle poverty and play our part in improving the following by 10% in our city by:
Volunteers and Employability:
- Our pledge is to increase the number of active volunteers in the Trust by 20% (to 330) by September 2018.
- Our pledge is to increase the number of employability and work experience programmes offered to young people, vulnerable groups and the unemployed by:
- Increasing from 1 to 2 the Prince’s Trust Get Into Programmes for young people aged 18-25 in 2017/2018.
- Increasing from 1 to 2 the Sector Based Work Academy Programmes for unemployed people in Salford in 2017/2018 who are seeking employment in healthcare.
- Re- commencing the nurse cadet programme in 2017/2018 and recruiting 40 cadets.
- Our Pledge is to build five electric charging points for cars on the Salford Royal site by April 2018.
- Our Pledge is to increase secure cycle spaces on the Salford Royal site by 150% by April 2018 [to note – this is a commitment to build 30 spaces on top of the existing 20 spaces]
Our pledge will contribute to improving the following outcomes for the City of Salford:
- More volunteering opportunities
- Moreyoung people who are in employment education and training
- Morelocal people from vulnerable groups accessing new jobs, apprenticeships, training and work experience placements
- Moregreen travel