On behalf of P.P. O’Connor, I, Charmaine O’Connor, Chief Executive, pledge that we will contribute to the campaign and make 10% improvements in the following areas:
- Caring for the environment by actively minimising the amount of waste that goes to landfill sites by maximising the amount of materials that can be recycled.
- Reducing our Carbon Emissions by continually renewing our fleet and machinery to ensure optimum performance and efficiency and by becoming a Carbon Neutral Business by 2030.
- Use local suppliers for any materials/products and use any locally sourced plant and equipment required for our business operations.
- More volunteering with the local community as a business and working in partnership with local communities and authorities to charitable donations.
- More care and use of blue and green spaces by keeping the community clean and tidy in the areas we work.
- Employing people from the areas in which we work, actively contributing to local economic growth by keeping the locally earned pound within the local community.
- Offering employment opportunities with more people in education, employment, training, work placements and offering placements to our apprenticeship programme.
- Paying our employees the LW Foundation Living Wage.
Our pledge will contribute to improving the following outcomes for the City of Salford:
- Less waste
- More recycling
- Less carbon emissions
- More use and care of blue and green spaces
- More volunteering
- More Salford people with good wellbeing
- More digital inclusion
- More companies paying the Living Wage Foundation Living Wage
- More people who are in employment, education and training
- More purchasing from Salford based companies