On behalf of Frank O’Gara & Sons Ltd, I, Sandra Connaughton, Business Development Manager, pledge that we will contribute to the campaign and make 10% improvements in the following areas:
Social value is embedded through a range of processes within Frank O’Gara & Sons Ltd. This starts at recruitment, with identifying the characteristics of a new recruit that fits our organisational culture. As a business we attract the right people. That includes more than just capability and skill but people with a passion for sustainability and its three pillars of economic viability, environmental protection and social equity. Social value culture is then reinforced through its delivery and participation, where it becomes embedded in our culture.
Frank O’Gara & Sons Ltd pledge and are committed to the following principles which will guide the way that we carry out demolition related works:
- Working positively with suppliers to deliver the maximum possible social value together
- Supporting the local economy, including through any sub-contracting
- Fostering positive relationships between and within communities – communities of place and communities of interest
- Supporting the local voluntary and community sector through our suppliers and contracts
- Paying suppliers promptly
- Create additional value in the delivery of our service contract, which has a tangible wider community or public benefit
- Promote initiatives which retain, protect, enhance and/or promote the character of the area’s natural environment for the benefit of local people and wildlife
- Consider equality and diversity in the provision and operation of services, including a workforce that is representative of the communities we serve, where relevant and proportionate
- Provide opportunities for all, including the most vulnerable, to make a valuable contribution.
We also support and will endeavour to pay trainees, those on short term contracts and Frank O’Gara and Sons Ltd supports the real living wage of £9.90 for those 18 years and older (source Living Wage Foundation). We also support and will endeavour to pay trainees, those on short term contracts and those employed from within the local community the real living wage to support the regeneration goals, objectives, and commitments of Frank O’Gara & Sons Ltd and those of our Client.
We will work in collaboration with Salford City Council to maximise the social, economic and environmental wellbeing of their residents, businesses and communities by:
- Less waste
- More recycling
- Less carbon emissions
- More use and care of blue and green spaces
- More volunteering
- More Salford people with good wellbeing
- More digital inclusion
- More companies paying the LW Foundation Living Wage
- More people who are in employment, education and training
- More purchasing from Salford based companies